9.01.2010

American In Paris


How adorable is this Paris themed line from the Gap? I have a serious weakness when it comes to buying clothes for my sweet Ashy. I would love every outfit in this line... but, I think this will just be used as an outfit-idea inspiration board for now.  Ashy is already starting to dream about going to Paris.  The boys in our family are talking of a "someday" trip to Alaska.  Well boys, you go-for-it! My girl and I will have a nice little "someday" trip to Paris then! I can't wait to take her there. Can't wait.

Side Story:
I remember being little and being obsessed with the idea of going to Paris. I took junior high french, chose the French name Francoise, hung Paris posters, wore Paris perfume, and even wore barrettes (I have a tragic 6th grade picture to prove that), did reports on France whenever I could, and perfected Crepes.  I even did a big report/acting thing in Humanities on Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (my friend was Henri and I was one of his Can-Can girls. For reals!) I saved money, dreamed big and planned on the "someday" trip.  Then, it all became possible.  My first "dream" to actually realize. After studying in Jerusalem for a bit, a group of us extended our layovers in France.  One of the guys in our group had served an LDS mission in Paris and had a family he knew that we could stay with.  So we got the full Parisian experience.  We stayed in a Parisian apartment with a Parisian family and had a guy with us that could completely communicate with everyone. Plus, he already knew the city like the back of his hand. Needless to say, my first experience in France was a.m.a.z.i.n.g! I can't wait to go back... "someday!" I still remember sitting by Notre Dame surrounded by pigeons, savoring a tasty raspberry tart...

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to go to Paris! I can't wait until we have a girl..or boy.. but girls clothes are way more fun! Too cute!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails