11.02.2009

Tortilla Soup



This soup is soup-er yummy!  I've already made is a couple of different times this fall.  Basically, I combined a couple of different recipes to come up with this end result.

Tortilla Soup

1 lb. frozen chicken breast
3 Cups of chicken broth (or 2 cans)
1 can cream of potato soup
1 to 2 cloves of garlic (minced)  
2 11 oz. cans of corn with peppers (or just normal corn)
1 can black beans (sometimes I add this...it just depends on my mood)
1 can diced tomatoes (sometimes I'll add another can if I feel like more tomatoes)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced green chiles (add an extra can if you like green chiles)
2 Tablespoons cilantro 
1 envelope taco seasoning
Velveeta Mexican Cheese Spread with jalapenos (add about about a 1/2 hour before the soup is done.  Just enough time for it to melt and mix well.  Add to taste.)


I usually cook this in the slow cooker for 6 hours.  When it is done I take out the meat and pull chicken apart until it is all shredded, then I add it back to soup.  
Garnish with tortilla chips, sour cream, avocados, cheese, fresh cilantro, lime, or whatever you like!
 Bon appetite!


image via martha stewart

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful!!!!! And I love your profile. Except mine would have to have to some liquor in it :)

    Thank you for sharing in my SITS day last week, I am still playing catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails